Skirt Steak Salad Recipe
Our guests are always amazed at the level of flavor that is packed in skirt. From fajitas, carne asada to stir fries, our flavorful US Black Angus skirt Steak is a delicious cut that is sure to elevate your meals this week with its wide range of applications. Here's a quick nutritious recipe that you'll absolutely love.
- 600g La Carne US Black Angus Inside Skirt Steak
- Salad Greens
- 2 large tomatoes (cut thinly or into wedges)
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olives (green or black), pitted and sliced
-1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
-1 tbsp. minced garlic or garlic powder
-1 tbsp. chili powder
-1 ripe avocado, chopped
-3/4 cup water
-1/4 cup lime juice
-1 peeled garlic clove
-1/2 tsp. salt
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate for 30 mins to 3 hours. Meanwhile blend dressing ingredients together or simply shake in a jar.
- Arrange salad greens on serving platter. Top with tomatoes, onion, olives and steak slices. Drizzle with half the dressing. Serve with remaining dressing, as desired.
- Remove steaks from marinade and discard the remaining liquid, patting the steaks dry. Grill steaks over medium heat and cook to your desired doneness. (We like cooking to medium rare at 55C internal temp then resting to 60C). Rest steaks for 5 minutes before carving diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- That’s it! Serve immediately and enjoy with friends and family 😊
Lots of love,
Team La Carne PH
Photo credit: The Cozy Apron